HOW TO IMPROVE MENTAL HEALTH
WHAT IS MENTAL HEALTH?
As the world has seen immense progress and maturity during the course of centuries, the lives of common people have changed completely. The diversity in lifestyle has triggered changes in thought and perception.
The common peoples’ minds that were previously occupied just in terms of food and shelter have twisted and mutated so that now they have a huge set of problems nagging their brains. This growing pressure and new worries have shown at least mild in some cases, otherwise moderate to severe impact on the thought patterns and other neurological functions of the brain.
Mental health is regarded as a condition with regard to a person’s emotional and psychological well-being.
DEFINE MENTAL HEALTH
According to World Health Organization, ‘mental health is defined as a state of well-being in which every individual realizes his or her own potential, can cope with the normal stresses of life, can work productively and fruitfully, and is able to make a contribution to her or his community.’
FACTORS THAT EFFECT MENTAL HEALTH:
A good mental health is complete state of well-being whereas poor mental health is indicative of certain social and psychological pressures that debilitate or depress the normal working of central nervous system.
The factors that affect mental health are really important to deliberate while finding different ways to improve the same.
Stress plays an important role in major of the scenarios. It changes the secretion of various neurotransmitters that are necessary to keep our nervous processes in order. Work tensions and other worries regarding needs and money put pressure on our delicate neural tissues and the results are devastating to comprehend.
TYPES OF MENTAL HEALTH PROBLEMS:
There are many types of emotional problems that strike nearly each and every human on Earth. Depression, anxiety, mood swings, agitation, psychoses, mania and multiple personality disorder are a few commonest problems that prevail in nearly all societies.
If we study the kids of today’s generation, ADHD (attention deficit disorder) and depression is found in early ages nowadays.
WHAT CAN WE DO TO IMPROVE OUR MENTAL HEALTH?
- Give yourself value. After all you are worth it. Realize how important you are to your loved ones and yourself.
- Try to get back on the track. What’s lost is lost. There is not much you can do about the past. So why not focus on present and plan a great future ahead?
- Stop giving yourself a hard time. Do not indulge in activities harmful to health just in order to punish yourself.
- Do not get involved in narcotics and drug abuse. Alcohol should not be consumed. If you are doing any of these include cigarette smoking etc., you should immediately try to keep such activities to a minimum level and if possible avoid it completely.
- If you think you have persistent depression and you are constantly haunted by suicidal thoughts, it is high time you should see your doctor. A good psychiatrist will help you pencil down your issues and suggest you expert advice.
© Doctor ASKY All rights are reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without prior permission of DoctorASKY.