Homemade Eye Cream With Coconut Oil and Vitamin E
Anti Aging Skin Care ~
A skin care routine is not complete without an eye cream, so in my bid to utilize beneficial natural ingredients, I set about looking at products that would tick my boxes.
Using an eye cream or gel is something I have done for many years, to soothe, reduce under eye puffiness, eliminate those dreaded dark circles and to help fight the aging process through the years.
Yes, anti aging skin care with additional benefits has been the priority and a must have product for me. Admittedly it has been the store bought varieties which have included anything from the Body Shop to American brand Clinique and not homemade eye creams.
I have used many different brands mainly due to the fact I have worked for a number of top cosmetic companies including Revlon, Clarins, Lancome and Trish McEvoy and had to try them out.
All claimed to have the elixir of youth in their eye treatment creams, gels or serums which came at a price both financially and possibly with harmful side effects.
Using Homemade Eye Cream ~
Now however, I have become more aware of the harmful ingredients commonly used in many brands and their side effects.
The delicate skin around the eyes is far thinner than the skin anywhere else on our face or body, with the exception of the back of the hands.
The eye area is prone to signs of aging including fine lines, “crows feet “and deep set wrinkles as we mature.
Facial expressions such as laughing (laughter lines) and smiling are a natural cause of lines around the eyes we cannot and should not avoid.
They add character and make us human after all.
Benefits of Homemade eye cream ~
- Improves Skin Texture
- Rich in Antioxidants
- Reduces Puffiness
- Reduces Dark Circles
- Smoothes & Protects
- Treats Wrinkles & Fine Lines
- Prevents Premature Aging
- Repairs Sun Damaged Skin Tissue
- Improves Appearance of Eye Area
- Improves Skin Discolorations
- Treats Skin Disorders
Coconut Oil Benefits as Homemade Eye Cream ~
- Natural Moisturizer
- Homemade Eye Cream of coconut Protects The Skin
- Light Oil Perfect For The Eye Area
- Absorbs Into The Skin Easily
- Homemade Eye Cream of coconut Removes Under Eye Puffiness
- Removes “Bags” Under The Eyes
- Treats Wrinkles
- Softens The Skin
- Homemade Eye Cream of coconut is Antioxidant Rich
- Homemade Eye Cream of coconut is Suitable For All Skin Types
- Contains Sunscreen (approx factor 4)
- Homemade Eye Cream of coconut Heals Any Damaged Skin
- Homemade Eye Cream of coconut helps in Skin Cell Renewal
- Homemade Eye Cream of coconut helps as Anti-Aging Ingredient
- Homemade Eye Cream of coconut is best for Brightens Skin Around The Eyes
- Helps Any Psoriasis, Eczema or Dermatitis Around The Eye Area
- Antiviral, Antibacterial and Anti-Fungal Properties
- Perfect For Massage Oil Around The Eye Area
- Cost Effective Ingredient
- May Be Used Alone
- It is a Carrier Oil for Essential Oils
Benefits of Vitamin E ~ Homemade Eye Cream
- Rich in Antioxidants
- Protects Delicate Skin Cells
- Anti-Aging Properties
- Reduces Fine Lines & Wrinkles
- Regulates Vitamin A
- Treats Skin Disorders Including Psoriasis
- Sun Protection
- Excellent Moisturizer For Eyes
- Nourishes The Skin
- Strengthens The Skin Tissue
- Improves Skin Elasticity
- Rejuvenates Tired Skin
- Removes Dark Circles
- Removes Bags Under The Eyes
- Prevents Age Spots
- Maintains Skins Oil Balance
- Natural Skin Softener
- Smoothes The Skin
- Improves The Skin Texture
Homemade Eye Cream ~
Ingredients for preparing Homemade Eye Cream :
Vitamin E Capsules (3 capsules or ¼ teaspoon per ½ – 1 oz size container)
You Will Need these items for Homemade eye cream :
Glass Jar, Lip Balm Tin or even recycle contact lens case and use both sides (size is up to you, small is best for eye cream products).
Small saucepan (for melting coconut oil) or use microwave for 3-5 seconds on low-medium setting.
Toothpick (wooden skewer or cocktail stick would do)
Method to prepare homemade eye cream:
- Fill your container with coconut oil to start preparing the homemade eye cream.
- This is solid at room temperature so either add the coconut oil to a saucepan to melt, or use the microwave.
- Melting will only take a few seconds or a minute on the stove. Melt gently so as not to burn, coconut oil will only become liquid at 76 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove from heat as it starts to melt.
- Pierce the vitamin E capsules and add to the coconut oil.
- Use the toothpick to blend the two ingredients together.
- Pop it in the fridge to solidify.
- That’s all there is to this easy eye cream!
- There is no need to keep it refrigerated; the oils will not go off.
To Apply the Homemade eye cream :
- Cleanse the eye area, removing all traces of eye makeup, foundation, face powder or concealer.
- Use a spatula to remove a small amount of eye cream (more hygienic).
- Wash hands thoroughly before applying.
- Apply with your ring finger (least amount of pressure) lightly under the eye area, at the sides and over the eyelids.
- This may be used morning and night if you wish.
These two ingredients are power houses in terms of skin benefits and this eye cream is a fantastic natural product that is 100 % chemical, toxin and synthetic fragrance free.
Do not use any ingredient if you are allergic to it before contacting your doctor or seek medical advice. A patch test is always recommended for any first time using a new ingredient or if you have highly sensitive skin.
This homemade eye cream makes a great gift idea for everyone out there! It is very Easy to make, the homemade eye cream easily accessible ingredients that will make quite a number of eye creams and save you money. You could customize them if you wish by adding essential oil but always check first that the essential oil is suitable.