Let’s watch out for some tips to reduce and manage stress!
1. Breathe deeply: This breathing technique can help in relaxing out the muscles sore and releasing tension. Deep breathing signals the brain to calm things down. By doing this, even for only 5 minutes, you’ll feel a lot lighter and better than before. It’s better to do this while lying down, eyes closed, and stimulate your imagination; imagine yourself sitting beside a beach.
2. Leave what you can’t control: Most of us stress ourselves by stressing over things that are out of our control. It’s ok to let things go with the flow, especially when you can’t do anything. Destroying your peace of mind will bring no good instead will damage your health. Unnecessary worrying can also be a sign of anxiety, consult your doctor if it gets severe.
3. Avoid alcoholic and caffeinated products: Caffeine is a CNS stimulant and, it won’t allow your brain to relax, thus increasing stress levels. Alcohol, on the other hand, is CNS depressant, when taken in higher doses and stimulant on low doses. Switch to herbal drinks and fresh juices.
No time to read? Watch this video….
4. Talk to someone: Studies show that stressed people have a greater urge to have listened. Talking someone who will genuinely listen to how you feel will help magically. It is very therapeutic. If you have no one close around, a therapist would be a good option.
5. Healthy meals: “You are what you eat” is enough to explain how important your menu is. Adding up healthier foods to your diet will help your body to boost and heal itself. Avoid junk foods as they make you sluggish. Add up vegetables, proteins, and fiber to your diet. Maintain the cycle of meals and don’t skip meals.
6. Exercise regularly: Physical activity helps to release out toxins and stress. It improves the quality of sleep. Walking in the early morning in the fresh air leaves a calming and soothing effect on your overall body and mood. Exercising causes releases of endorphins, chemicals that make you feel euphoric, also called runners’ high.
7. Do what you love: It’s ok to cancel plans and make time for yourself. Do things you like to do, or you enjoyed doing when life wasn’t busy enough. Revive your hobbies and enjoy being you. It is one of the best ways to reduce stress levels. The best activities are painting, reading, knitting, and sports.
8. Assess your triggers: Take a closer look at your lifestyle to extract if there’s something specific that is draining your energy. It can be your job, people’s behavior, or any other stuff. If certain people situations that are causing it, avoid those. Don’t let problems take control over you; stay calm.
9. Watch a comedy series: Use the search bar, find some fantastic comedy series and relax. Laughing is an immune booster, releases tension, and improves mood. Studies show that laughter is a stress-reliever. It leaves a soothing effect, and you feel relaxed.
10. Quality sleep: Proper sleeping patterns are necessary for mental relaxation. Inadequate sleep wouldn’t allow the mind to relax, and it will remain stimulated. Quality and sound sleep are essential for physical and mental health.
Until Next Time,
Team Doctor ASKY!