Many home remedies for pimples exist in fact every home has its own set of remedies for getting rid of pimples. Pimples or acne is one of the most common problems faced by people. About 85% of the total population get acne at any stage of the life. People feel uncomfortable as the face is the first thing every one admires. Many factors are known for causing acne like genetics, environment, stressful life, hormonal changes etc.
Acne is caused by when dust, oil or some environmental factors are clogged into the pores. In this way, sebum is released from the sebaceous glands. Sebum is the substance that also gets clogged into the pores and results into the growth of Propionibacterium acnes bacteria, that causes acne. White blood cells attack bacteria and in turn leading to whiteheads and blackheads.
People sometimes try conventional methods to treat it but they have a lot of side-effects like irritation, redness etc. So, trying home remedies is a better option. Some home remedies for pimples are given below:
- Tomato juice is very beneficial for pimples. Take a tomato and squeeze it out to get its juice and then apply that juice directly on the skin during night time and then wash it in the morning.
- Turmeric powder is also known for its beneficial effects. It is used with honey. Honey and turmeric powder are mixed in equal amounts and the mixture is applied to the skin.
- Cleansing the skin with honey can be useful. Apply a small amount of honey on the skin and then wash it off with the warm water after one hour.
- Aloe Vera is known for centuries for acne. Apply Aloe Vera on the skin especially the affected area and then wash with the warm water.
- Banana is known for its nutritional effects but no one knows that banana peel is equally effective in fighting against acne. Rubbing a banana peel on the skin can reduce acne.
- Yogurt is also an effective remedy. Apply yogurt on the skin to unclog the pores that are causing acne. This will bring glowing and clear skin. Eating yogurt is also beneficial in fighting against acne.
- Onion is also effective. Take an onion and squeeze it to get its juice and then apply on the skin for about 20 minutes.
- Green tea has excellent properties for healthy and acne free skin. Drink a cup of green tea every morning to get the clean and bright skin.
- Certain types of oils are also an effective remedy for pimples. Oils include tea tree oil, jojoba oil etc. Applying these oils on the skin can reduce swelling and redness and help in reducing acne.
- Lemon juice is also useful. Make lemon juice by squeezing a lemon in a glass of water and then drinking it in the early morning can give clean and pimple free skin.
- Applying potato juice on the skin can also be useful and give you radiant and clear skin.
- Sleep is a significant factor. Getting enough sleep of about 8 hours can reduce acne due to stress.
- Drinking a lot of water can keep you hydrated and help you fight against pimples.
These home remedies for pimples are not only tested but are helping many individuals in their better skincare regimes.